I started my workbench project. I found plans for working with plywood. The great thing about the plans is that you layer up the plywood, which means using all that plywood left over from the previous owners. Much of it is warped, so using multiple layers with opposing warps straightens the wood. Clever.
I needed some more clamps to do the legs. My exiting clamps are wide enough. I picked up a good set for $30, which was way cheaper that the $70+ for the individual pieces. I'm generally against buying stuff right now, but as clamps are always useful, they were worth the purchase.
I did more work on the old and new house. I painted the living room in the old house, along with fixing the drip in the kitchen sink. The sink was also slow running, so I routed it with a toilet snake. That helped. For the new house, I go one of the 3-way switches working correctly. Yay. Now I have to figure out the outside light 3-way. I also replaced the hallways switch, but it's wiring was even weirder. It turns on a light to show you that the attic light is on, but I can't even tell if the attic light is on because the ladder is over the old house. I'll sort it out.
Monday saw us get our first cool day, and I found that we have a non-working furnace. Frack. No heat. In the meantime, I've dug out the space heaters and they've been working well enough.
The cat is now sleeping with the child. The child is tickled pink that the cat is now sleeping with her. So am I.
Monday was a cool morning, so without heat, I declared oatmeal and tea, and everyone felt warm and happy.
Miss Dash was so excited on Monday when I picked her up from the bus stop. She told all her friends that her daddy would pick her up. That fills my bucket.
I've been doing some reading. This time, it's the classic Chinese epic "Journey to the West." It's an over-the-top tale about the Monkey King.