I've been nipping an tucking at a few logical problem with the novel. The biggest problem with with a section that Jenny identified in the last read through. It's now meh, instead of a full plop.
I modified the layout for paragraphs a bit. Somebody who did a visual inspection of the book pointed that out. There should be more heading space at chapter openings and the fonts need to be a bit bigger. That's great, that's why I did a test printing.
To solve those problem, I just picked up books until I found examples that I liked. Nothing like the real things.
I also removed "Chapter" from each chapter title. I like the concept of non-numbered chapters. It dis-anchors the reader a bit, making the work a little more organic. That, and it frees me from tracking chapter numbers. (I know that styles can do that for you, but that's a different issue.)
I still need more feedback.