If you participate in this blog game, they ask that you PLEASE acknowledge their copyright.
Boldface indicates which ones are true for me.
1. Father went to college.
Father went to Johns Hopkins for a while but never completed anything.
2. Father finished college.
3. Mother went to college.
4. Mother finished college.
5. Have any relative who is an attorney, physician, or professor.
6. Were the same or higher class than your high school teachers.
7. Had more than 50 books in your childhood home.
Most of the books were encyclopedias.
8. Had more than 500 books in your childhood home.
9. Were read children's books by a parent.
I suppose that I was. I don't remember.
10. Had lessons of any kind before you turned 18.
I remember tennis, gymnatics, and swimming. None lasted more than a season.
11. Had more than two kinds of lessons before you turned 18.
12. The people in the media who dress and talk like me are portrayed positively.
13. Had a credit card with your name on it before you turned 18.
14. Your parents (or a trust) paid for the majority of your college costs.
15. Your parents (or a trust) paid for all of your college costs.
16. Went to a private high school.
17. Went to summer camp.
Once. More if you count Boy Scouts.
18. Had a private tutor before you turned 18.
19. Family vacations involved staying at hotels.
20. Your clothing was all bought new before you turned 18.
21. Your parents bought you a car that was not a hand-me-down from them.
22. There was original art in your house when you were a child.
My father painted, and I recall him painting when I was little, but that hobby fell by the wayside until he retired.
23. You and your family lived in a single-family house.
24. Your parent(s) owned their own house or apartment before you left home.
25. You had your own room as a child.
This is a problem questions. I did not have my own room until enough siblings went away to school or moved out. That was 8th grade or so? Does that count or not count? What is the intent here?
26. You had a phone in your room before you turned 18.
27. Participated in a SAT/ACT prep course.
28. Had your own TV in your room in high school.
It was a beautiful black and white set.
29. Owned a mutual fund or IRA in high school or college.
30. Flew anywhere on a commercial airline before you turned 16.
31. Went on a cruise with your family.
32. Went on more than one cruise with your family
33. Your parents took you to museums and art galleries as you grew up.
34. You were unaware of how much heating bills were for your family.