A few goals:
- Open ended solutions to problems
- No predetermined solutions to problems
- Faith that my players will figure out something
- Faster, engaging combat
- Fights hard enough to be fun, but easy enough that the players say, "Let's go on further."
- Text and texture. Not just battles. Battles that are memorable.
- Not merely battles .Challenges of all types.
- The players actually effect the world and the balance of power where they operate.
- Situations that can not be resolved through dice rolls.
Wrap all that up around some good stories in motion. They'll create the ending for those stories. Or not. You know players.