August 13th, 2012

Macbeth the Usurper

Painting

I was a painting fool this weekend. I painted three rooms on Saturday. I also made a dump run.

On Sunday morning, I painted the trim. I was going to rent a vibrating floor sander, but I couldn't lift the unit. It was just too heavy. So, I bought a belt sander and I'm using that instead. Most of the floor only needs a light sanding anyway. I'm pretty sure that it's polyurathane, so I can put a new layer on top of it.

I was going to work on Sunday night, but Hers Truly wanted Daddy Time. I was happy with the rest.

Today', I'll head over to Home Depot to pick up some slightly rougher sanding belt, and a few attachments for my shop vac. 
Macbeth the Usurper

And There's Still More work

With the trim and all that done yesterday, I sanded floors today. Three floors with a belt sander, more specifically. That's hard work. I'm doing my best to kill my shop vac. It was weezing by the end of the day.

I did polyurathane on the small bedroom first, as a test. Good thing, too. My previous polyurathane had an amber sheen, while this new stuff doesn't. My floor came out white as a baby's bottom. So, I bought stain to do the master bedroom. In good news, the floor did yellow a bit, and the wood may be a fir. If so, then the lack of color in the floor will be self correcting. Then again, I may strip it again and stain it anyway, just to match the other rooms. The great thing about the stain is that it nicely hides the irregular stripping job caused by the belt sander. It matches tone very nicely.

Tonight I get to go back and do more.