October 2nd, 2008

Macbeth the Usurper

New DSL

After days of banging my head against the wall, I finally got the DSL working with the router.

I almost had it the other day, but I was tired and had to get the network back into a working state for Jenny.

Today, I tore the problem into two pieces. I turned the router into a bridge and then I verified that the bridge worked using my Mac and PPPoE. Worked. Great.

That problem greatly simplified, I then had to go in and wipe the wireless access point. Something in it was corrupt. I configured everything and whammo, didn't work.

After an interruption, I turned around to find that it had a conversation.

So YAY, all that is done. I turned off the Mindspring modem. If all goes well, I drop the Mindspring service next week.