March 20th, 2006

Macbeth the Usurper


I did a few calculations.

With my current house, I have lots of equity, and can afford a bigger house. We could afford some of the houses that we talk about.

If we did not already own a house, we could really afford our current house.

In other words, a house that was affordable by one person, me, now requires two people to afford, and that includes all my raises over the years. In-fucking-credible. I really have made NEGATIVE progress. Everyone has. (Who can keep up with 20% increases PER YEAR?)

(Mind you, I used some mildly made-up numbers, but the numbers were reasonable enough.)
Macbeth the Usurper

(no subject)

This popped into my head this morning:

"Waitress, won't you bring me a new cup of coffee, 'cause I need some caffeine to start off my day."

Sing to the tune of Muelenberg County.
Macbeth the Usurper


I made good headway on flowing feats last night. I got the perlscript to produce a clean, cut-n-paste version of feats. I also automated all the tags, so that any special tags would get plopped in. I must have added 90 pages last night. I'll finish off the remaing 50 feats tonight.

The trick was to do two passes on the file.

Now that I have a working script model, I can adapt it easily to spells, which are going to be hell and will need all the automation that I can lay my pathetic hands on. I need to auto-tag school, classes that can use the spell, certain subschools, elemental types, good, evil, and maybe properties like touch, save type, etc. Honestly, I can go nuts with the tags as the computer will do 99% of the actual work.