Parking is all bolluxed up here at work. The Man, the Big Guy, the Chief Exec himself is scheduled to be on campus. All told, I have no idea whether he will actually show today.
I hate to say it, but I actually though, "With the Columbia breaking up, the President might not be on campus Monday. Whohoo."
I think the sniper killed five people his first day. I want to put things in perspective here. And I think that, at 400,000 deaths per year from cigarettes, that's 12,000 deaths per day.
My little cash fun finally reached enough, and I took it to Best Buy for some new speakers for upstairs. Mr. Credit Card stayed home.
I've said that the shuttle blowing up is a "terrific opportunity" for the space program. I do believe that.
If I were to ask the dead astronauts what to do, would they not say "please cry over my grave and honor my death." No, I don't believe that.
I hear the astronauts saying, "I knew the risks of what I did. Please don't hesitate or wait out of respect for me. Don't take this as a disater. Take this as an opportunity. Do what you can to get the MOST from this accident. Keep our compass pointed towards space. Do this for all the astronauts who are still alive, and all the astronauts yet to come."
How do I know that I'm Goth-Lite?
- I dress in all gray.
- I'm depressed 7am-8 am, Mon-Fri. (just after the alarm goes off, in fact).
- I really digged the chick in that Sisters of Mercy video from 1988.
- I own several Strawberry Switchblade albums. (Think polka-dot goths from 1985. No, I'm not kidding.)
- I can make the Anubis hand symbol.
- In my heart of hearts, I am a creature of the overcast day.
- When I wake up in the morning, my hair has a very unique hair style.
- I am fascinated by the Victor-Victorian era.
- I sometimes feel alienated, but mostly by real Goth culture.
- I like old buidings, but only if I can paint them happy colors.
- I embrace forbidden fascinations, like what's in sink traps and early musicals.